Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) and Antifouling (MGPS) including Commissioning, Service, Linear/Elliptical/Circular Anodes
Sacrificial Anodes - Zinc and Aluminium For External Hull and Water Ballast Tanks.
Corrpro is a world leader in the technical development of sacrificial anode materials and systems for ship’s hulls and tanks. Corrpro anodes, both Aluminium anodes and Zinc anodes are manufactured by group companies under conditions of a stringent quality control, conforming to ISO9001. Supervision and consultancy services are provided on a world wide basis.
Anodes of Aluminium, zinc, indium composition with low impurity.
The zinc anodes are manufactured to the international US Military specification A-18001 K.
Aquamatic (Impressed Current Cathodic Protection System) - For External Hull.
Aquamatic system consists of a transformer rectifier with anodes and reference electrodes. A typical system:
- Suitable for Tankers, Cargo vessels and Cruise Liners.
- Small Boat systems for tugs and fishing vessels.
- Combined ICCP and Antifouling units.
- Ranges are from 10 to 150 Amps Output per anode.
- Coatings supplied are Platinised Titanium or Mixed Metal Oxide.
- Range from 75 to 250 Amps.
- Coatings are Platinised Titanium, Mixed Metal Oxide and Lead Silver.
Zinc Reference Electrodes.
- Recessed Type.
- Surface Type.
New Products - Aquamatic
- Shaft Monitoring System. For Single and Twin Screw Propeller Shafts.
- Remote / Control Monitoring Panel.
- Stand Alone Monitor Panel.
The power supply is a simple transformer rectifier converting an A.C. supply to D.C. at 12 volts. Each anode takes up to 3 amps current. The weight of copper dissolved is proportional to the current. The applied current is proportional to the flow rate. The applied currents are indicated on digital meters.
Sea Chest Anodes
- Copper and Aluminium anodes are positioned in the sea chest.
- DC electrical supply is passed through cables housed in a forged steel cofferdam.
- The DC supply causes the anodes to dissolve in the sea water.
- For larger flow rates more anodes may be needed
Selected References for ICCP and Anti-Fouling and
Corrosion Mitigation Systems (MGPS) (pdf - ca. 31 KB)